Does God continue to communicate to His people? Probably the better question is, “Are we listening?” God communicates in a variety of ways, but the primary ways that He speaks to us are through the Bible, the word of God, and through His Holy Spirit. What are some steps that we can take to enhance our hearing from God? There are several.
- Be SENSITIVE to God’s voice. We should have a desire to hear and be listening. Revelation 3:20 says, “. . . if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in . . .” We need to have an interest in hearing and be paying attention.
- Be SUBMISSIVE to God’s will. James 4:17 says to submit to God and Matthew 16:24 says to deny self, take up your cross and follow Christ. We are to follow Jesus’ example- praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, “Not my will but Thy will be done.” There is no better place to be than in the center of God’s will!
- SEEK God’s leading. Matthew 6:33 says, “Seek first the kingdom of God . . .” Psalm 27:8 reminds us to seek His face and Jeremiah 29:13 promises, “And you will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart.”
- Choose to SERVE We need to have a servant’s heart. Psalm 100:2 says serve the Lord with gladness. Matthew 20:28 explains Jesus didn’t come to be served but to serve.
- Take seriously our relationship with God. SERIOUS means to be devoted, determined and disciplined. Psalm 37:5 says, “Commit your way to the Lord.”
As we take these steps, we will become more “tuned in” to hearing from God!
Celebrating 27 Years of Service as Exec. Director, Jimmie Hale Mission